2014 Resolutions

Making resolutions is a tradition I like to maintain. Every year I pick a few things that will hopefully turn into a lifestyle alteration or skill.  Past efforts have included learning to sew and more veggies into my diet. Last year the big hairy resolution was patience getting the kids out the door. This one nearly did me in during the summer heat wave.



For 2014, I have several resolutions but the big hairy goal is to embrace fun. Fun means going for whatever opportunity shakes up my world. Forget what others might think, the nagging voice of doubt or worse case senario thought. Take advantage of the opportunities that cross my path and live it to the fullist.

To help solidify all my resolutions, they are framed next to my bed. A daily reminder that each day is a new opportunity to enhance myself.

The resolution word for 2014 is FUN.

F - Fully live every moment.
U- Under no circumstance worry what others think
N - Never look back with regret.

This past weekend I put the resolution to a test. My generous in-laws asked if I would like to ride their snowmobile. Normally, I would have politely declined out of worry who would watch the kids, fear of breaking the machine and what would I wear to stay warm.



As you can see, I borrowed warm hunting attire from my father-in-law and had a blast. I cheered so loud the kids heard me inside the house. Bryan most likely lost some hearing when we both were riding. We wiped out only once.  The entire time, especially when I was driving, reminded me of my old self. A wonderful feeling.

One question was answered this weekend. What do farmers do in the winter?  They snowmobile through their fields. When we ran out of gas, I walked up and down the snow covered fields.  A great leg workout.    

What are your 2014 resolutions?

On a happy note, a healthy Baby Cooper came home after Christmas.  Santa does have extra magic at Christmas.


Sharon, The Mayor of Crazyville


Comments

Popular Posts